Welcome to the final day of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW), taking place from 18-21 January. ADSW is a global platform for accelerating the world’s sustainable development, bringing together a unique fusion of global stakeholders to engage in dialogue and take action to advance the global sustainability agenda.
TAKING PLACE TODAY
Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum
The third day of the virtual Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum will feature an in conversation session between His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales and Brian Moynihan, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Bank of America, where they will discuss the recent "Terra Carta" charter, which is backed by leading international businesses. For more information on the Global Energy Forum program, kindly refer to the Atlantic Council website.
Youth 4 Sustainability (Y4S) Virtual Forum
The Y4S Virtual Forum, will conclude with the ECOTHON PitchDay, which will provide four previous Y4S Ecothon winners with the opportunity to meet with a panel of investors and experts in a unique entrepreneurial experience. The previous winners will have the opportunity to either advance their innovative ideas by receiving funds and/or learn tips and insights from leading experts on how to improve their project ideas.
For more information on the Y4S program and how to register, kindly refer to the ADSW website.
World Future Energy Summit Webinar Series
The World Future Energy Summit concludes its “Back to Business Webinar Series”. The final webinar in the series will focus on water usage and resource management. The webinar will explore how to decarbonise water supply in the region, through use of lower energy technologies such as reverse osmosis, the future role of renewables in desalination, and how to maximise water reuse.
For more information on the webinar series, kindly refer to the World Future Energy Summit program.
ADSW Side Event Webinar: UAE’s Climate Change and Sustainability policies – contributions of the Dutch private sector
To recognize the one-year anniversary of the Dutch Sustainability Group (DSG), the BeNeLux Business Council in collaboration with the Embassy and Consulate of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the UAE and the Netherlands Business Council UAE, will host a thought leadership event discussing the contributions the Dutch private sector could make to help support the successful implementation of the UAE’s climate change and sustainability policies.
For more information on the webinar and how to register, kindly refer to the BeNeLux Business Council website.
IN THE NEWS
- • In the presence of H.H. Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan: Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week Summit discusses ways to achieve a sustainable post-COVID-19 recovery
- • • UAE minister recalls US Biden’s passion for climate change cause
- • UK's Cop26 climate change organiser issues call to arms at Abu Dhabi summit
- • COP26 President's keynote speech at the Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week Summit
- • Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week fosters green multilateralism
- • Masdar looks to double clean energy capacity as demand for renewables grows
- • Tabreed, Masdar expand collaboration efforts
- • Masdar enters strategic agreement with Emirates NBD Asset Management to provide services for UAE's first 'green' REIT
- • Abu Dhabi has bold aspirations to diversify energy sources: DoE Chairman
- • Dubai recorded lowest CML per year, electricity network losses, and water network losses in the world, says Saeed Mohammed Al Tayer
- • MESIA Solar Outlook Report 2021 – Did a challenging year open up future opportunities for solar?