Welcome to the first day of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW), taking place from 18-21 January. ADSW is a global platform for accelerating the world’s sustainable development, bringing together a unique fusion of global stakeholders to engage in dialogue and take action to advance the global sustainability agenda.
TAKING PLACE TODAY
The IRENA Assembly
The 11th session of the IRENA Assembly will take place virtually from 18-21 January, bringing together government ministers and energy decision-makers among its membership, as well as multilateral organisations to discuss the global energy transition.
Youth 4 Sustainability (Y4S) Virtual Forum
The Y4S Virtual Forum, a three-day youth-led program, taking place on Monday 18, Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 January, aimed at exploring ways for young people to play an active role in the implementation of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the UAE’s 50-year Development Plan.
For more information on the Y4S program and how to register, kindly refer to the ADSW website.
World Future Energy Summit Webinar Series
During ADSW, the World Future Energy Summit will host its “Back to Business Webinar Series”, which will start today with an episode focused on the New Energy Economy. During the webinar, the Middle East Solar Industry Association (MESIA) will present the latest edition of its “Solar Outlook Report”, providing a deep-dive into the status and perspective of solar energy in the MENA region.
For more information on the webinar series, kindly refer to the World Future Energy Summit program.
IN THE NEWS
- • Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week reimagined for 2021 to help set agenda for green recovery from COVID-19
- • ADGM to host 3rd edition of flagship Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Forum
- • Abu Dhabi’s Department of Energy to support Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week as Principal Partner
- • Abu Dhabi lights up iconic buildings in green and with Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week logo ahead of the launch of ADSW events
- • Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum to take place on January 19, part of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week