Welcome to the third day of Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW), taking place from 18-21 January. ADSW is a global platform for accelerating the world’s sustainable development, bringing together a unique fusion of global stakeholders to engage in dialogue and take action to advance the global sustainability agenda.
TAKING PLACE TODAY
Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Forum (ADSFF)
The 3rd Abu Dhabi Sustainable Finance Forum (ADSFF) will take place today virtually, convening institutional investors, regulators, international agencies, financial institutions and project developers. During the one-day forum, participants will share their recent commitments to sustainable finance that is aiding with economic recovery and the rebuilding of global economies in more sustainable, resilient and equitable way.
The second day of the virtual Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum will come in the backdrop of the United States Presidential inauguration, which will make the discussion around the global energy transition even more relevant. During the Forum, other key discussion topics will include the Biden Administration’s Energy and Foreign Policy Agenda in the Middle East, Asia’s Role in the Energy Transition and Net-Zero Pledges.
For more information on the Global Energy Forum program, kindly refer to the Atlantic Council website.
Youth 4 Sustainability (Y4S) Virtual Forum
The Y4S Virtual Forum, will continue with its youth-led program aimed at exploring ways for young people to play an active role in the implementation of United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and the UAE’s 50-year Development Plan. Today will focus on how young people can become entrepreneurs in the context of sustainability.
For more information on the Y4S program and how to register, kindly refer to the ADSW website.
World Future Energy Summit Webinar Series
The World Future Energy Summit continues with its “Back to Business Webinar Series”. The sessions today will focus on the role of business in developing a low-carbon economy. The webinar will explore, how major businesses set targets, how aggressive these should be, how practices could change and what business opportunities and investment this will bring.
For more information on the webinar series, kindly refer to the World Future Energy Summit program.
ADSW side events taking place today include:
The Global Innovation Award is where global innovations get the chance to enter and grow in the UAE market with the support of the UAE Ministry of Climate Change & Environment. The award is for companies from all over the world with innovations that can support the UAE in becoming the most sustainable destination in the world.
For more information, please refer to The Global Innovation Award website.
IN THE NEWS
- • Mohammed bin Zayed: “Abu Dhabi Sustainability” consolidates the UAE’s vision of international cooperation to face challenges
- • UAE Can Be Major Low-Cost Blue Hydrogen Producer, Adnoc CEO Says
- • Climate change is most critical global challenge after Covid-19, UAE minister says
- • UAE to develop hydrogen, CCUS projects to help combat climate change: minister
- • DoE Chairman H.E. Al Marar Addresses Young Attendees at Youth 4 Sustainability Virtual Forum
- • Decarbonising infrastructure and efficient water use are key to greener future, Abu Dhabi official says
- • Masdar leads initiative to support development of Abu Dhabi’s green hydrogen economy
- • Masdar, Taaleri SolarWind II Fund acquire two wind farms in Poland
- • UAE Covid vaccine: Over 2 million shots administered
- • TAQA Group to support Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week 2021 as Energy Sector Partner
- • AUS students participate in FSL Program as part of ADSW